Standings

NHL----MLB----NBA----NFL----MLS----NLL----MLL







Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week one in Football

Well here it is a little late but worth the wait seeing that one of my wishes came true.  Can we say BUH BYE Maroney! The Pats traded Maroney and a 6th round pick in 2011 for a 4th round pick in 2011.  I know some of you are saying where is the value in this?  Well let me break it down for you.  One it frees up a roster spot to bring back OLB Marques Murrell who was released to free up a spot for Quinn Ojinnaka and we moved up in the draft for 2011 which could have value if Bill doesn't decide to trade down.

NOW for the break down of Week One:

I will start with my beloved Pats. Boy what a surprise Sunday was from our O line holding up and protecting Brady to our D actually getting sacks and a pick 6.  We looked good on both sides of the ball for a change I hope this is a good sign of things to come.  Now to touch on Moss not that I want to but I figured I would put my 2 cents in. SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL! Enough said!

Now for the rest of the NFL at least what I saw:

Green Bay got killed with injuries and in case you haven't heard if you have Ryan Grant on your Fantasy team drop him he is out for the season.  Despite losing their top back they still managed to win BARLEY no thanks to Vick who came in for a injured Kolbe who got knocked out with a "concussion or jaw injury" I say jaw injury because there is a chance he could play this week according to reports that I have seen.  Keep an eye on this if your in Fantasy because Vick adds a whole new dimension that could be worth a wire pick up.

Both the Jets and Baltimore looked like CRAP offensively all though it might of had little to do with both D's were insane.  Good tight game but the Jets paid an even bigger price other then losing the game.  They lost Jenkins for the year, rumor has it they might be going for Haynesworth.  I say please do because that locker room is going to imploded by the end of the year so why not add a little fuel to the fire.

I got to watch some of the KC and SD game.  Man KC got some young studs that can RUN like Jamaal Charles, Dexter McCluster and Dustin Colquitt!  Charles had a nice 56 yds run for a TD, McCluster ran a punt back for like 84 yds and Colquitt put the Chiefs in good field position on kick offs he almost broke 2 the kicker got him both times but not by much.  SD looked like crap on both sides of the ball which kind of shocked me to be honest was expecting a lot more from Rivers and their D.

Last but not least the Skins and the Stars both didn't look very impressive and McNabb just looks weird in a Skins uniform (he also looked lost).  It was a decent defensive battle but the offense was anemic for both teams.  Washington hasn't scored a offensive TD in like 5 games that is not good.  I hope McNabb can figure it out in Washington with Shannahan because I think they will be a contender if not this year next.  One thing is obvious Shannahan is putting his magical touch on the run game if you have Portis on your Fantasy and he stays healthy you will be in good shape.  And Dallas well Romo is there QB enough said!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment